- A flight Bangkok-Chiang Mai takes a little more than an hour. Early booking ensures much cheaper airfares.
- The best time to go there is December, January and February, April is intolerably hot already.
- Chiang Mai has a population of about 150 000.
- The same way as in Bangkok, only mains streets has names in Chiang Mai. Side-streets are denoted with Soi 1, Soi 2, Soi 3, etc, with odd numbers along one side, even - along the other. For example, if the address of a gallery is 36 Sukhumvit Soi 5, it is situated not on Sukhumvit, but on its 5th side-street, house number 36.
- Everything is within a walking distance in the central part of Chiang Mai. If you wish to go outside, take a taxi or a tuk-tuk. Better agree on a price in advance and do not forget to bargain to reach a mutually acceptable figure.
- USD 1 is approximately THB 31.5 (Thailand bahts)Share it:
Keywords: Chiang Mai