Liike is a unique Finnish modern time fashion destination. Space-wise functioning as a shop, Liike is also a fashion movement, the first of its kind in Finland established upon the initiative of designers themselves in 2000. Liike unites several fashion labels and serves as a presentation platform for designers' new collections and as a direct communication channel with their clients.
Liike marked its 10th anniversary with a fashion show at the old cable factory, now Kaapelitehdas cultural centre, in the framework of Helsinki Design Week 2010. It was a presentation of the newest collections of all designers within the group, as well as the joint Denimalism collection where all the designers were required to use the same denim materials in all their products.
Membership of the Liike design group has changed over the time and currently consist of 6 Finnish fashion labels: Haaksiluoto, Dusty, Tikit, vainio.seitsonen, Lustwear and Tyra Therman.
- Haaksiluoto (www.haaksiluoto.net) features women fashion collections intended, first of all, to fill the main function of clothing - wearability, not necessarily complying with the conventional categories of one's wardrobe, i.e., spring/summer, autumn/winter, day/evening, daily/festive. It fuses Scandinavian style with Japanese minimalism, using fine natural fabrics and following top notch British tailoring traditions. It's no wonder that both sisters honor excellent English quality - Haaksiluoto label was founded in London and alma mater of design education of Haaksiluoto sisters was located in London, too.
- Dusty (www.dusty.fi) - men's fashion brand by designer Marjut Uotila fuses Scandinavian cleanness of lines with traditional menswear aesthetics. Added value of Dusty brand lies in unique handwork and presence of art.
- Tikit honors Finnish crafts and local tailoring traditions, infusing them with fresh, current-day influences.
- vainio.seitsonen (www.vainioseitsonen.com) is a fashion team of Johanna Vainio and Merja Seitsonen that tries to disclose what lies in a hazy zone between fashion and art. Their style manifests in feminism-pervaded fashion designs, illustrations to fashion magazines and their artistic performances.
- Lustwear (www.lustwear.fi) designers, Hammi Mettinen and Maikku Mettinen, create clothes in which you can just be yourself - feel comfy, swing your legs and laugh!
- Tyra Therman (tyratherman.wordpress.com) is the only Finnish luxury lingerie brand, celebrating true feminine elegance in its diverse designs, including made to measure corsetry.
Liike cultivates active cooperation with Finnish artists through organization of art and fashion events and by commissioning well-known art photographers to provide photos for Liike magazine.
Keywords: Helsinki, fashion, store, shop