Things definitely worth doing in Milan
Alba Maria Pattori is a collector of design and vintage objects, the owner of Milan's new design gallery Garage Milano.
1. What do you love most about Milan?
Milan is a very vibrant city. There is always something new to go and see.
2. What do you hate about Milan?
I have not enough time to do everything I would like to do.
3. Which is your favourite Milan neighbourhood and why?
Brera is my favourite neighbourhood. Brera is a beautiful area for a walk and
4. Please describe your perfect day in the city...
A perfect day in Milan should be spent without hurry, free to enjoy
the city from morning to night.
5. What is the thing you have never done in Milan that you would love
Visit all the art and design exhibitions scheduled every month.
Normally, I manage to view less than half.
6. Which are you favourite shops and why?
I like Memphis because I like high quality design.
7. What should a visitor to Milan be sure to do?
Visit Sforzesco Castle and its gardens.
9. Which are your favourite restaurants/cafés?
For a drink and some music, I love Bar Blanco; for dinner, I love
10. Which are your favourite design and architecture landmarks in Milan?
Via Malpighi (Porta Venezia area) is a magnificent example of Art Nouveau.
11. Do you have a favourite view of the city?
There are also a lot of green areas in Milan where you can take a walk.
But what is really surprising are the gardens hidden behind the doors of some of the buildings in Milan.
12. Can you tell us a secret about Milan?
The nostalgia for Milan once you are away.
Keywords: Milan, Italy